Saturday, August 1, 2009

Langkawi trip ---2nd day

The 2nd day we planned to go to kuah town which is about 30 minutes from padang matsirat where our hotel is. Actually it can be shorter trip but because we are not sure of the road so we end up going one big round. Haha. Like dear had said, we did not have time to take so much pictures on the 2nd day because we use most of the time to buy chocolate and liquors.

My mum and I actually planned to buy wallet made from stingrays skin for my bro and my dear which is very popular in Langkawi. However, we could not find any. We spent a lot of time looking for it We also could not get the chance to visit many places. Honestly, I listed 7 places that I planned to show my dear but we do not have time and plus it is raining. So we end up only going to 2 of those places. Aiks!~ Sad eh... I wanted to play cable car and I missed out the chance again. The last time i was in Langkawi also cannot play because the weather is windy.

Anyway, on the lighter note, we bought a lot of yummy delicious chocolates for ourselves and family. Haha. And it is much cheaper. Lucky me. And I recommend dear the kind of chocolate I really like which is the rum and raisin which you cannot find here.

Yummy yummy....

We also bought a few souvenirs to bring back as remembrance and as gifts. The scarves are at Rm15 each. The quality is very good as well. Those scarves cost about double the price at here. I did not buy any because I thought I do not need them here but now I regretted I did not. Haha. My dear bought few fridge magnets from underwater world and from jetty port to bring back. We had hard time picking them because it was all very nice. The thing here is that you can bargain. This is where you can show off your bargaining skills :) (show off *blek*) haha.

We spend several hours at kuah town and there are few very beautiful sceneries we did not get the chance to capture because we thought we could come back for it later that day but who knew. It rains. *sigh* Oh ya, we also met Tun Mahathir at jetty port. Haha. What a coincidence ey? We even end up driving to the crocodile farm to find the stingrays wallet but we cannot find what we want. (swt right? haha) After that, we drove back to our hotel to get some rest. Believe me, after a long day walking and shopping, you really want to just sit down and stretch those legs. And some yoko yoko is needed too. LOL. So we took our bath and sit in our rooms play chotaiti while waiting for the rain to stop. I keep losing to my dear dear and my mum and I always have to shuffle the cards. *blek* Then I very smart change the game to play UNO. Who know, I lose again. Shuffle card some more. (NOOB ah..)

And we went out for dinner around 8 something pm at Aki's. It was a small shop by the roadside at Padang Matsirat. The shop was packed with people, tourist and locals alike and they had beautiful lighted small huts. The food was nice. I still crave for its kampung fried rice and tomyam soup. But then I have to give credit to the other shop we went to for supper on the first day. Although its tomyam soup was very spicy, it was better. Haha. After dinner, we spent the whole night at Padang Matsirat doing some shopping. My dear said the environment was alike those in Thailand, just it wasn't that crowded. Haha.

Overall, this trip in Langkawi was a very nice one although we were very exhausted because we do not get enough rest. haha. Consider only get few hours of sleep and long day shopping and walking. Haha. I would definitely come here again if got chance.... To get on the cable car ride! That is my aim :) and of course the chocolates...kampung fried rice and tomyam soup. How can I forget? Haha.

me at departure hall in Langkawi Airport...

my dear dear candid shot *muaks*


KL trip to be continue....

0 comments:

Post a Comment