Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Foodie 2#...

Dear went out with his friends yesterday night having sushi. He showed me pictures that me made my stomach growling with hunger...haha...Btw, it was it wilson's birthday celebration. Happy birthday to you! :)

the sashimi set...

my dear dear's dinner

Make me feel so hungry ler now...*sob sob* Anyway, I'm glad my dear dear enjoyed himself with his friends and my dear said he will bring me go this place to enjoy when I go kuching. Can't wait:)
I know I have been delaying that lasagna recipe for quite some time now. So I guess I'll post it today then :) Basically when you buy the instant lasagna sheets, you'll get the recipe at the back of the package. What they din tell you is that, you should soak the pasta sheet in water before hand so that it is much easier to work with although it says "instant".

this is what you need.. san remo's instant lasagna sheet

the recipe is here...i'll type it out for you

Since the meat sauce is exactly the same as a spaghetti sauce, just exclude the button mushroom because I find the button mushroom will make the lasagna taste less like what it is suppose to, you can use it as the meat sauce in this lasagna recipe.

For the cheese sauce, you will need: 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp plain flour, 2 cups of milk and mozarella cheese/cheddar cheese.

To make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook it till you can't smell the smell of flour. Stir in milk little by little until the sauce is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in the cheese. Stir until you get thick and smooth sauce. Not lumpy ok?

To assemble the lasagna: Preheat oven to 180*c. Pour the 1/4 of the meat sauce into lightly greased baking dish. Alternate layers of lasagna, meat and cheese sauces, ending with cheese sauce layer. Sprinkle parmesan cheese/mozarella cheese on topand bake in oven at 150*c for 30 - 40 minutes depending on the size of your lasagna. (Bigger lasagna require longer time) Let the lasagna stand for 5 minutes before serving. ** How to see if your lasagna is cooked : prick it with for. if it come out clean and the lasagna sheets is softer and the colour changed to white, it's is cooked.

Tips: Remember cover the entire lasagna sheets with the meat sauce to avoid drying and harden during the baking process, especially the top layer. Do not worry if it look flooded with meat sauce because it will dry up during the baking process. And remember to soak your lasagna sheets in water for at least 5-10 minutes before using it.

p/s: This recipe I did altered a little bit according to my experience making it. Good luck!

2 comments:

Ren Ren said...

dyn..dun write only..make it for us...haha

GeraldyN said...

haha...when i'm free i'll make :) dun worry got ur portion one! :) dun go perth so fast o! haha:)

Post a Comment